LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVis on remote machine - which ones are compiled into calling Vi and which are not

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application in which a compiled exe dynamically loads a SubVi (SubVi-A).

This SubVi then statically calls a SubVi (SubVi-B) which statically calls another SubVi (SubVi-C) ...

All SubVis are part of a source distribution that is copied to the remote machine along with the executable.

If I edit the SubVi-A or SubVi-B on the remote machine, I see those changes when SubVi-A is called.

However, edits to SubVi-C (on the remote machine) are never seen when SubVI-A, B ... are run.

In fact, I can delete SubVi-C from the remote machine without any problem.

However, if I delete SubVi-B, SubVi-A throws an error because it can't find SubVi-B.

I'm thoroughly confused.   Why is SubVi-C compiled into SubVI-B, but SubVi-B is not compiled into SubVi-A?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,672 Views)

It sounds like you have another copy of SubVI-C floating around that your other VIs are linked to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,658 Views)

I've searched that machine, and even rebooted to be sure nothing was in memory ... but I can't find another copy of SubVi-C.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ebloohm

Is SubVI-C also used inside the executable itself?

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,646 Views)

Yup.  It is.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,637 Views)