cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep with Agilent function generator - rising amplitude

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am using an Agilent 33210A function generator and i try to generate a simple sinus sweep with constant amplitude.

For some reason the amplitude is increasing for the whole sweep-time. I basically used the Sweep VI from the Agilent 33xxx example VIs.

I only added the VOLT command to control the amplitude as described in the User's guide. Hope you can tell me where my mistake is. 🙂

sweep_rising_amplitude.PNGsweep_vi.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Klüs

Does this phenomenon occur if you sweep the frequency manually?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 4
(3,118 Views)

@Klüs wrote:

Hello,

i am using an Agilent 33210A function generator and i try to generate a simple sinus sweep with constant amplitude.

For some reason the amplitude is increasing for the whole sweep-time. I basically used the Sweep VI from the Agilent 33xxx example VIs.

I only added the VOLT command to control the amplitude as described in the User's guide. Hope you can tell me where my mistake is. 🙂

sweep_rising_amplitude.PNG

Have you tried setting the amplitude before configuring the sweep, not in the middle of it?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,106 Views)

Thank you, that was the right hint. It was not a software problem but a hardware thing. I didn't consider that the measuring chain has such a frequency depending behaviour.

Obviously a beginner's mistake. Next time i will try to exclude these types of errors before i ask for help. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,092 Views)