LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Front panel background

Hello,

I have software name, version etc on my front panel. i got it to a point where I have the JPEG I created attach to the background. (Front page of a awesome with all those cool graphics... Yea I made that 😉 )

What I want is when the end user Clicks start, it has to switch to an actual Front panel with charts, indicators, controls etc. When they are finished running the test, it should go back to the graphics background and stay there untill they choose File-> EXit from my Run-time menu.

Tab Control doesnot allow me to add the JPEG to Page 1. Plus, I don't want it to be a Tab control anyway. I just tried that as a start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

V

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,432 Views)

Just drop a .jpg file onto a tab page, it works fine.

Just size the tab control larger than the visible area of the FP, and it just look like the FP is changing when you change tab pages.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,426 Views)

Just use a picture control.  Load the JPG into the control when you want it and make the control invisible when you don't

GOTALIA means LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,414 Views)

Hi VeeJay,

You can use the property node of pane to set the background image of the pane.

Here is the example.

Message 4 of 17
(3,406 Views)

I'd use an Classic Tab-control and color it Transparent. Then you can easily swith by programmatically switching tab.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,392 Views)

@LiaLiu, Would you mind attaching a vi for older LV version 9.0 ?

@Yamaeda, I do not want those tabs on the top that show page 1 and 2 etc.

Thanks all for your replies. Here is what I am doing in picture. The attached jpeg shows my first boot screen. (Image will have software version and name and copyrights blah blah blah on it). When Start is pressed, Files are loaded into the program.

Once files are loaded, I want the whole background including the vertical splitter with the icons to disappear and go into a screen which shows all my tests parameters and results in real time. When test is complete, I want to come back to the screen as shown in the JPEG which would enable user to Press exit to quit the applicaiton.

I will try your suggestions and see if they work. But, any more suggestions WELCOME.

V

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,381 Views)

You can r-click the tab control do disable visiblility of tabs. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,374 Views)

But, then it just looks like 1 tab. How do I go to the second tab? Would I then use property nodes? WOuld you mind sharing an example? THanks!

You know what, I think I got it. Thanks! One morequestion. Is there a way to add vertical splitter just to one of the tab?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,370 Views)

Switching panes is fine. But, still adding an image to tab control is not possible. The background image still appears behind tab control and the effect I am looking for is not achieved 😞

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,363 Views)

Hi VeeJay,

Here is the image of the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,351 Views)