LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Set Properties in a loop?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LV 8.5 and am trying to apply TDMS properties to multiple channels in one fell swoop, with the idea of being able to automate it for the number of channels currently active.  I know how to do this, except for one step I'm struggling with.  I keep getting the error:

"LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge."

coming from the tdms set properties.  I'm feeding it an an indexing array of strings, which I believe are C-strings so null terminator as the help files says it struggles with such, and no addresses.  I've attached a partially completed VI that is otherwise working.

Thanks for your assistance,

Bret Dahme

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,567 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bret.dahme

I think if you wire a channel name, you also need to wire a group name (can't be an empty string). The intended behavior is that the VI should be broken if you wire only the channel name. That doesn't seem to work, though. We'll have to look into why that is.

Herbert

Message 2 of 3
(2,563 Views)

Bingo!  Glad that it was a quick and easy solution.  The help file says group or channel and nothing that i can see of requireing either.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,522 Views)