LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task naming from DAQ Assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

I don't have trouble using DAQ Assistant to create a task to do what I want, but I cannot figure out how to give the task a meaningful name.  The task name seems to be assigned arbitrarily to something like "DAQ Assistant_1" which isn't very useful to me.  

Please advise as to how, in the "Convert to NI-DAQmxTask", procedure I can assign a different name to the task.  Failing that, is there a way to rename an existing task?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,905 Views)

I did  find a way to rename the task: open MAX, expand Data Neighborhood, then expand NI-DAQmx Tasks to show a right-pane containing existing tasks.  Right-click on existing task name and click on Rename.

It still seems like there should be a way to name the task at time of creation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,895 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wildcatherder

Hi wildcatherder,

There's already a way to set the task name in this case, but it's not entirely obvious and has a small quirk. If you edit the caption of the DAQ Assistant express VI before you select "Convert to NI-DAQmx Task", it uses the caption you specified as the name of the task in MAX... and then it adds "_0" at the end:

23070iB9ED3A3C9867BF12

If you have a suggestion about improving this functionality, perhaps you could post it to the Data Acquisition Idea Exchange?

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,884 Views)

Thanks, that's doable.

It would have been nice to see this in the Help file under the description about Convert to Task.

Message 4 of 4
(2,879 Views)