LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Control

Hi,

I have a big sequence in TestStand and I’m trying to find a way to programmatically insert a wait time. In particular I want to insert a wait every time an action step which call a particular function of my .NET dll is used and the value returned by that function is false. I have tried to find a solution directly in TS but I can’t get it since I can’t arrive to the step property MemberName in the Calls array. So I switched to LabView thinking of a Separated Thread to monitor the steps and check the wanted conditions, but I’m lost in all the Property and the Methods that are present. Moreover there is a method to check from LV when the TS has finished the execution?

There is anyone who as an idea about how I can implement my code?

Thank you for the help!

Best Regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(801 Views)

Why not the wait in the function call, or a wrapper VI?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(777 Views)

Hi,

that was I have done, doing the wait directly in the dll, but I was curious to check how I can control TS from LV. I mean the TS parameter reporting the called function is accessible in TS how I can manage that in labview? it will be helpful to improve my knowledge in this direction to improve the flexibility of my programs. Moreover, since the dll is loaded in TS it can’t be called by labview Vis.

Best regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(761 Views)

I'm bad at TS, but you can do Ifs and loops, so it should be possible.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(707 Views)

If you have both TestStand and LabVIEW installed, there are a lot of TestStand examples installed with TestStand.

Just open

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2017 (64-bit)\Examples\Examples.tsw

to see all examples.

Many of the examples are using LabVIEW.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(698 Views)

You can use UI Messages from TestStand to your LabVIEW UI if you want the wait in LabVIEW. (Registering for Callbacks). There is also an EndExecution callback you can register for so you know when TestStand is done.

But my recommendation is to use a Sequence Callback for this instead. Something like "SequenceFilePostResults" which runs after every step, and you can use the parameters to figure out if your step fit your criteria and then just wait.

Or you can use Station Callbacks if you want to cover multiple sequence files.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(679 Views)

Hi,

I have already tried to pass from the Post step Callback, but in that sequence I can’t find a way to reach the runtime step property which is located at RunState -> “Step” -> TS -> SData -> Calls -> [1] -> MemberName. In the “Step” part I have tried to use PreviousStep or so on but I can’t reach the particular action step of the sequence I have created. Moreover, I’m not sure that the Calls element is always at [1]. On this part of TS calls and process, so how it executes actions I’m not so well informed.

Best Regards,

Zuc

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(639 Views)