LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Cluster color change

Solved!
Go to solution

I need to change the color (text or backgroung) of an individual index of 8 position cluster.

I'm doing a test with 8 different results and at the end of each result I need to change the color RED to fail or Green to pass. I have an 8 position boolean cluster result (T = pass and F = Fail) and I have another 8 position text cluster to cahnge the text or background color.

Thank you all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,690 Views)

Can you post a VI with the cluster inside of it?  Perhaps put some annotations to point to where you would like the change.

If you are dealing with booleans, why not make the True state of the boolean Green and the False state Red?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,685 Views)

Here is the my application.

when one test fail, need to put Text "FAIL" and red color that especific index of cluster

any body can helme with this?

thank you

Message Edited by lmontoya on 12-19-2008 10:25 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,661 Views)
You can use the boolean label and change its color. The trick is to position the boolean below z-order of the bool (Ctrl+J) and set the properties of each bool using a property node. The attached, LV 8.2, will help you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,646 Views)

Richjoh, your responce it's good, but I need to change the color and text of the result box, not the label

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,644 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lmontoya
Here's a method using the text blocks.  As Raven's Fan said, you may wish to use booleans instead (perhaps customized if you don't like the default look) which have the looks you want.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,640 Views)

Works Perfect, I added just the text change (PASS/FAIL)

See attachment

Thank you all....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,631 Views)

Maybe it's a little late to ask this question! but how do you do this task if you have cluster of Numerics and using a slider instead of boolean controls? So by changing the slider the color of the associated element in the cluster would change. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,637 Views)

Here is a rough example based off the one above.

Message 9 of 10
(3,622 Views)

Awesome, thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,617 Views)