LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set system time of cRIO 9055

I have a system that requires the ability to set the system time of the cRIO on which it is running. However, when I set the time of the system, either programmatically or through NI Max, after a couple of seconds the time reverts to the original value it was at before the change. Even on a system that has nothing deployed to it, I am unable to configure the time using NI Max.

I found a white paper that seems to describe my exact problem here: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000xBumCAE&l=en-CA

However, the solution described does not apply to me as I do not have NI-Sync installed on my controller. Is there anything else that could be causing a conflict with time synchronization or would otherwise affect the ability to set system time?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(593 Views)

Hello there,

You can format the device and reinstall the software. To do this, right click the device under remote systems and click format. This will remove all software. Try to set the time before you install any software. There is an internal battery, but as long as the device remains powered on it should keep the set time.

If this does not work, the device may have a hardware issue.

cRIO-905x User Manual

Hope this helps!

Apex Waves Logo.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(491 Views)

@Apex_Waves wrote:

If this does not work, the device may have a hardware issue.

Or it has a time synchronization service enabled. And no, NI-Sync is not the only way to have your cRIO synchronized. It is a Linux system after all and that comes usually with a number of NTP or similar services built in.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(466 Views)