cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Data Type on MODBUS Block Inputs LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have been attempting to communicate with a GS11N-11P0 VFD using the MODBUS library in LabVIEW, and during that process, I have come across images of a VI with integer constants which I do not recognize. Digging around in LabVIEW, searching by image or a range of plausible names, and otherwise attempting to determine what the formatting of these constants is has failed so far.

I do not have access to the VI with the unknown constants since I only saw an image of it in one of the posts at the following:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/MODBUS-parameters-for-VFD-communication-to-Labview/td-p/3586442/pag...

Attempting to create these constants via "right click --> Create --> Constant" only results in an ordinary blue integer constant, and none of the formatting options in the properties menu appear to reproduce anything similar to the unknown constants.

The first unknown constant type has a blue "x" in front of the value.

Gerhardus_0-1704236898997.png

The second unknown constant type has a blue "d" in front of the value.

Gerhardus_1-1704237190917.png

Does anyone know what these constants are and why they appear as such? I believe this may have something to do with some of the difficulties I'm having with setting up MODBUS communication. This also seems like the kind of thing which would be basic LabVIEW knowledge, so it is probably a gap in my knowledge I should fill anyways.

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerhardus

Hi Gerhardus,

Right-click on the numeric constant -> Visible Items -> Radix. Then by left-clicking on the letter that appeared on the constant, you can change it to decimal (d), hexadecimal (x), octal (o), binary (b) or SI notation (p).

Regards,

Raphaël.

Message 2 of 3
(442 Views)

Hello Raphaël,

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Gerhardus

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(361 Views)