LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Labview Home 2014 to 2017 to use modbus VIs

I have been running Labview home 2014 on two machines for a near continuous astronomy project since 2018. I  now have to upgrade my machines to windows 10. I have reinstalled Labview home 2014 from files but previously it had updated to 2017 and all my VI's use the  NI 2017 MODBUS library.

Is there a way to make Labview update to 2017 again? I have two files in a folder called LabView 2017/resource/Framework/providers, files called mxwProjectProvider, a max configuration UI (121kb) and mxwProjectProvider.mxxlic (1kb) what might they be? I dont want to go through the hassle of replacing all the NI modbus vis with Plasmionique ones as I had a few problems with them previously.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(831 Views)

LabVIEW Home edition has been discontinued and replaced with LabVIEW Community Edition  

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(819 Views)

Yes, but has to be renewed each year and will I be able to rely on NI to continue to provide it? also I have three copies of home in use which I paid for - will I be able to download and use three copies of Labview community?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(781 Views)

@EdHarris wrote:

Yes, but has to be renewed each year and will I be able to rely on NI to continue to provide it? also I have three copies of home in use which I paid for - will I be able to download and use three copies of Labview community?

Well that's a question for NI but...

Why did you buy three copies? Before NI went to a subscription model, as long as you were only using one development copy at a time you could install a single LabView licence on multiple computers.

You didn't buy another full licence for every deployment target computer did you? 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(776 Views)

Yes the Home bundle was only licensed for use on one computer. At a low cost

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(763 Views)