cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade LV2009 to LV2010 issue with ActiveX dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning

I just try to update a LV software made with 2009 to 2010 (same PC). I try to open a reference from a homemade ActiveX. In 2009, everything is fine. In 2010, I got this error

21343i3CBB27D831312AD1

But, if I save the VI for LV2009, open/run in 2009, it's working fine. If I try common ActiveX (from external software), everything is fine.

21351i11E891C797B6646D Don't work

21353i15C5DC535F12676AWork

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,225 Views)

Hello,

Can you post your dll here for me to reproduce this?

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,189 Views)

This is a Matlab dll, so if you want to use the dll, you will need Matlab runtime install on your PC. Matlab Runtime MCR7.10 (if you don't have, I can send you the runtime, but 152Meg...)

Thank

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,176 Views)

Hello,

I do not have their RunTime. Do you have a download link that you can post? If not, you can place it on our FTP site at ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming.

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,154 Views)

I'm uploading the MatLab Installer (MCRInstaller.exe) on you ftp site. Hope you can help me with this issues because this is a show stopper for move to LV2010

Thank

@iZACHdx wrote:

Hello,

I do not have their RunTime. Do you have a download link that you can post? If not, you can place it on our FTP site at ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming.

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,149 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFiset

Hello,

I reproduced this issue and submitted it for further investigation under CAR #245249. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Zach

Message 6 of 11
(4,125 Views)

Since this is a major bug for us, we can't use LV2010 until this is fix.

Thank

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,121 Views)

Hello,

I would like to get some additional information from you:

1) Do you have multiple versions of LabVIEW installed on this computer?

2) Exactly what Operating System are you running?

-Zach

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,105 Views)

@iZACHdx wrote:

Hello,

I would like to get some additional information from you:

1) Do you have multiple versions of LabVIEW installed on this computer?

2) Exactly what Operating System are you running?

-Zach

1 - Yes, I have LV2009 and LV2010 install on my PC (Full Developpement System - 32bits)

2 - I'm runnning under WinXP SP3 32bitsIf any else that I can help you with, let me know

Thank

Constant

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,064 Views)

Hello,

So here's what I've found out:

1) Having multiple versions of the same dll on a computer can cause the Not Able to Locate an Entry Point issue

2) The RTE you provided installs tbb.dll here: C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v710\bin\win32\

3) tbb.dll is also installed in C:\Windows\System32

4) The versions between these two locations are different and looks to be what is causing the problem

The preilimnary workaround is to rename the tbb.dll in System32 to tbb.dll.backup so that it doesn't get lost and then copy the version from your RTE into the System32 folder. This should get LV 2010 working although there are some caveats. If you do this, you will not be able to use Vision Builder AI and most likely the Vision RTE because they have similar dependencies. If you do not have either of those packages, I would not worry about those. The other thing is that the dll will no longer work properly with LV 2009. We know this is not ideal and are looking at other ways around this.

-Zach

Message 10 of 11
(4,046 Views)