LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use disable structure in a Call Library function node increases execution time

Solved!
Go to solution

I found that if I use a disable stureture to disable one of the output from a Call Library function node, the execution time will be dramatically increased. Is there anyone can explain this?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,598 Views)

I can't even think of a reason why you wnt to do that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,542 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Xinghe.W

You may want to read this thread and the benchmarking I did there.

Turn off debugging and check whether the performance penalty you are mentioning (but not quantifying) is still there.

Message 3 of 7
(3,529 Views)

When I do debugging I like to disable parts of my code and see how the others parts work. It seems that I have to be carefull when I disable parts in a while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,468 Views)

@Xinghe.W wrote:

When I do debugging I like to disable parts of my code and see how the others parts work. It seems that I have to be carefull when I disable parts in a while loop.

My style of debugging makes use of disabling code only to the extent od disabling suspect code and enabling alternative code; I've never used it beyond that.  But maybe that means I'm missing more subtle/more advanced methods of troubleshooting.  Could you enlighten me on why you would disable an indicator to troubleshoot, or was that just the simplest way to illustrate your point?

Thanks!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,453 Views)

The code I was working on is much more bulky and there is not enough space so I decided to use a simply one to illustrate my point. Of course there is no point to disable a indicator in a while loop 🙂  

Message 6 of 7
(3,446 Views)

@Xinghe.W wrote:

The code I was working on is much more bulky and there is not enough space so I decided to use a simply one to illustrate my point. Of course there is no point to disable a indicator in a while loop 🙂  

I'm always open to new ideas and didn't want to risk losing a learning opportunity.  Thanks.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,437 Views)