LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authentication

i am writing this program that basically generated serial numbers... now what i need to do is authenticate users and then create a log of the serials generated by that user... i need to do this because it's very important that the serials numbers are not repeated... does anyone know how i can do user authentication before i can allow the person to use the program? thank you in advance!
Christina
p.s. i attached the program for your reference
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,475 Views)
Hi,

I have attached 2 vi, one is main vi where you can authenticate user by pressing this button & then in sub vi, user id & password is verified to allow access to him.

You can create as many user & thier respective passwords to allow the respective access to them.

Hope it helps. Your feedbacks are welcome.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Sharma
Download All
Message 2 of 4
(2,475 Views)
shplinky;

From the program, it is somewhat difficult to determine what are your intentions. I took the liberty to "clean up" a little your diagram (attached).

I want to add my two cents about your question. There are two different aspects on your question: 1) user authentication and 2) the fact that you want serial numbers not to repeat.

You need user authentication if you really need to associate users with generated serial numbers. If all you need is to ensure that serial numbers do not repeat, regardless of to who it was generated, then you don't need to authenticate users. You only need to be able to determine if the serial number was already generated.

As mentioned, you need user authentication if you need to associate users with gener
ated serial numbers. User authentication associate a human or a machine with an ID. You run into a similar problem because you need to make sure all IDs are unique in order to uniquely identify a user, with the twist in that usually are users who generate their own user ID (for example, here you created the username "shplinky").

If I am reading your requirement correctly, you don't need user authentication, which can significantly simplify your application. Otherwise, please disregard this comment.

Regards;
Enrique Vargas
www.visecurity.com
www.vartortech.com
Message 3 of 4
(2,475 Views)
thank you for your help i really appreciate it...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,475 Views)