LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined formula

Solved!
Go to solution

Built into Labview there is a Formula calculator Express VI.  When you double click on it, a nice calculator interface pops up that allows you to enter a formula. How can I call this formula calculator during runtime so the user can define the formula?

Thanks

Matt Koebel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,608 Views)

You can't.

But look on the mathematics palette for Formula Parsing and 1D and 2D Evaluation VI's.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,605 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mattjk

Ha, I figured out how to do this.  You should really be sure before you answer on the forums.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,557 Views)

@mattyk wrote:

Ha, I figured out how to do this.  You should really be sure before you answer on the forums.

I'm glad you were able to figure out how to make it work for your purposes.  Though I'm not so sure how what you did matches what you asked for.  The VI errors out if you have that X1 input in your formula.

But I feel your reply was rather rude and uncalled for.

You actually went from the Express VI for the calculate formula, and broke it down to the underlying subVI.  And you still used the Evaluate Formula String VI which I had guided you to.

Be appreciative of the help you get and obviously used so that people will still have a desire to help you in the future.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,546 Views)

The calculator that you use in the mathematics menu is different than the VI I use in the calculate VI although it has the same icon.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,340 Views)