LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using daq timer to trigger camera

Im using a NI-USB-6341, I think I saw that it has a hardware timer. Is it possible to have an input signal to the device start the timer which would trigger a digital output?

I have an input that I want to use to start the timer and have the timer send a signal directly to the camera to take a picture. I need to take a picture every 33.2mS and dont know if I can be accurate enough if I bring the signal into software first to then trigger the camera aquisition.

what my department usually does is take a galil controller and drive the trigger signal into that. Im hoping that since I already need the daq box I can avoid using the galil box also.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,070 Views)

Initial thoughts:  

- You could use a Counter Output (Pulse) property, Initial Delay, to delay your output pulse by a certain amount of time after the start trigger has been sent. 

co-pulse-help-doc.png

- You could also try something akin to the example in this KB.

Paul P.

Applications Engineering

Highest Regards,

Paul
Message 2 of 3
(3,028 Views)

I think Im going to do something similar but use the delay timer on the camera before taking a picture. I'm not sure I can change the parameter on the vi you pointed out while the system is running.

Thanks though

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,996 Views)