LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer always flags VI version in LabVIEW 2011 f2

Solved!
Go to solution

It seems to me that whenever I run VI analyzer on VIs saved in LabVIEW 2011 f2 (11.0f2) I get a "VI Saved Version" warning along the lines of:

"Your current version of LabVIEW is 11.0f2, but this VI is saved in version 11.0.  Consider mass compiling your VIs so they are all saved in the current version of LabVIEW."

I would go and try and make a little patch (For my systems at least) but the test VI is password protected...

Is it just me, and if not, any chance of a fix?

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,513 Views)

I am not aware of any f2 revision of LabVIEW 2011. Where did you get it?

Have you tried masscompiling as suggested? A VI can be masscompiled even if it is password protected.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,504 Views)

unfortunately mass compiling makes no difference. I suspect its because the VI version tag is still stored as 11.0 even though the LabVIEW version tag is 11.0f2

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,496 Views)

@Matthew Kelton wrote:

It's been out a while now.

Hmmm, I don't have it and NI update service says I am up to date.... go figure. I'll look into it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,492 Views)

I just pulled it from the download site.  "Available from Update Service: NO"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,487 Views)

I already had CAR# 302244 for a similar issue.  Can you try the attached test LLB (password removed, as the test doesn't have any private functionality in it) and see if it properly addresses the issue?  Backup your copy in [LabVIEW]\project\_VI Analyzer\_tests\General\File Properties, replace it with this one, and let me know how it goes.

Message 7 of 9
(2,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shew82

That *almost* fixed it...

If you switch out the "Search/Slit String" function for a "Match Pattern" function, it works like a charm... see attached modified LLB.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,454 Views)

@shew82 wrote:

If you switch out the "Search/Slit String" function for a "Match Pattern" function, it works like a charm...

Ah, good call. I made a swift edit to the test before passing it on, not noticing that those were Search/Split Strings and not Match Pattern.

Ok, if, with the Match Pattern edit, the test works properly for you, I'll go ahead and put it in to the 2012 branch.  Thanks for testing it!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,440 Views)