cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Tree for design

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All

I am designing MSO for Keysight M9243A PXIE using labview.

Struggling to figure out options within VI TREE any guide line please?

Thank you.

Regards

Ayesha Zaman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(301 Views)

Hi Ayesha,

@Allahase23! wrote:
Struggling to figure out options within VI TREE any guide line please?

Which options do you need?

Which "VI TREE" are you talking about?

Where do you "struggle"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(284 Views)

I need to put Bandwidth value in KSCOPE VI TREE options (Instances)

I do not find direct instances for putting parameter values for Time base design and it is for the Keysight M9343A.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(280 Views)

Hi Allahase,

@Allahase23! wrote:

I need to put Bandwidth value in KSCOPE VI TREE options (Instances)

I still don't know what you are talking about…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(269 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Allahase23!

I speculate that this person has downloaded the drivers from here:

https://www.keysight.com/us/en/lib/software-detail/driver/infiniivision-xseries-oscilloscope-labview...

And in the "Standard" LabVIEW instrument driver model, they opened the file called "VI Tree.vi", which contains all the public members of the driver as subVIs.  I don't want to fill out their little form to download it so I can't confirm by checking myself.

From there, I think they want to set the bandwidth, but can't find a way to do it using any of the VIs inside of the "VI Tree.vi" file.

Do you really need to set a "bandwidth", or do you really just need to set a certain sampling rate in order to achieve the required bandwidth of the measurements you want to make?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(238 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Allahase23!

I first encountered a "VI Tree" (which I called a "LabVIEW Tree") when I started with LabVIEW (LabVIEW 7, so a few years ago).  This was a LabVIEW Real-Time application designed to study Sound Localization in Large Primates (most of whom were Engineering undergraduate majors).  The code was almost totally undocumented, but was "semi-organized" into LabVIEW Trees, which were simply a VI that had an empty Front Panel and a Block Diagram that had a copy of every VI and TypeDef that handled some part of the Host or Remote code.

The Tree was used to "force" code into memory for the purpose of doing searches using "Find Callers".  They were also organized in hierarchies, so that there was a "Main Tree" that consisted of all the sub-Trees if you wanted to load everything.  This was maybe 5 or so years before NI introduced the LabVIEW Project.

The Tree is not meant to be "run" -- it is simply meant as a tool to help you find Callers and Callees.  I suspect that probably fewer than 10% of LabVIEW developers (maybe < 1%) use them today.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(187 Views)

You explained the problem better thank you. I need to set up maximum sampling rate for the 

Keysight MSO M9243A please.

Regards

Ayesha Zaman

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(154 Views)

Thanks to all who is helping.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(150 Views)