LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI has a bad connection - project packed libraries - Actor Framework

Hi,

I have a project based on Project Packed Libraries (PPL).

- Actor Framework.lvlibp - contains Actor Framework.lvlib

- Kernel.lvlibp - contains the main code and interfaces

- Launcher.exe which calls the VI from kernel to launch the main actor, no more.

- many plugins (*.lvlibp)

All the PPL have own project.

Sometime, I compile the Kernel.lvlibp succesfully and when I open some plugin project, it has the error

"VI has a bad connection to or cannot find a subVI or external routine" and it refers to all Actor Core.vi and Recieve Message.vi in called PPLs. There is no more information. I cannot identify, what is wrong.

Can anyone give me some ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,001 Views)

I have found, that the problem is one of my simple dialog VI. When I remove the VI from the project, it works. But wtf why ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,969 Views)

Does it have "Separate code from VI" active? Or does it use some property nodes to the front panel? In the latter case you can probably solve it by simple adding a front panel ref to the code as the front panel is usually removed in the optimization.

It reminds of some issues i've had but that was with normal libraries that i solved through the lvlibp ...

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,964 Views)

Hi,

thank you very much !!! I just added property nodes to open and close the VI FP, instead of setting it in the VI properties, and it works !!!

Message 4 of 6
(1,920 Views)

Then i guess you use some dynamic reference to manipulate this VI from the outside? If so, it makes sense if the optimization doesn't realize this and remove the front panel. Adding the property node forces it to stay in the build. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,908 Views)

Sorry, my happiness was premature. The problem remains ...any other idea ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,890 Views)