From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Read error while transferring points from oscilloscope

With the program attached, I am transferring waveform data points from an Oscilloscope to the LabVIEW front panel through numbers and a waveform chart. Everything works fine, but I am getting an error at VISA read: 

"Error - 1073808339 occurred at VISA Read in Test program 4...possible reasons: VISA: timeout expired before operation completed"

I realized that from particular VISA read, I am not reading any data nor is there a return count. Any tips to fix?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(994 Views)

Hi Daacos,

@Daacos30 wrote:

With the program attached, I am transferring waveform data points from an Oscilloscope to the LabVIEW front panel through numbers and a waveform chart. Everything works fine, but I am getting an error at VISA read: 

"Error - 1073808339 occurred at VISA Read in Test program 4...possible reasons: VISA: timeout expired before operation completed"

I realized that from particular VISA read, I am not reading any data nor is there a return count. Any tips to fix?

The usual answer to this kind of question is: "Read the manual of your scope (carefully)!"

On your VI:

• right-click the string constants and select "Size to Text".
  • right-click the string constants and select "\-code display". You may even make the display mode item visible.

Now read the manual and make sure each command is sent with the (maybe!?) required "end of line" constant

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(987 Views)

Hello there,

I double checked the program and looked at the manual, and everything looks right. The format of commands also seem correct and I tried troubleshooting but nothing solved the error. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(201 Views)

It looks like you are missing a termination character on the CURVe? command.

Turin on the " '\' Codes Display" and look at your two SCPI command lines.

codedisp.png 

termCapture2.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(184 Views)