cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing .lvm Files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was wondering how I could view the .lvm files I recorded my signals with. LabVIEW gives me an error (something like "... this is not a valid LabVIEW file") when I try to open it.

Also, is there some way to write the results directly to an Excel file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(16,028 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ddrop

Hi,

You should be able to open it with the "Read Measurement File.vi". Are you even able to open it with an text editor?

For MS Excel you simply need tab-deliminated ASCII Files. So you can either use the "Write to Spreadsheet File.vi" or the low-level ASCII File I/O functions or you could install the TDM Plugin for Excel and create TDM Files in LabVIEW.

Christian

Message 2 of 4
(16,025 Views)

You can also use the 'Data File Viewer VI' from the 'Storage/DataPlugins VIs' palette to view your LVM files.

If your LVM file cannot be displayed by this viewer, please send your file to dataplugins@ni.com to allow us having a closer look.

Greetings from sunny Aachen

Stefan

PS: You could also write TDMS files and use the TDM Excel Add-In Christian mentioned...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(16,019 Views)

Hi again and thank you all for the promt answers but...

I have obtained files which are almost 48Mb every 10 minutes and trying to view these with TDMS viewer makes it crash.

Using Diadem I can see the data but for all my channels...

Would it be possible to seperate them for each channel( we are talking abouta 3-axis accelerometer and it is quite vital to know which vibration took place on which axis...at the moment I can only see a coloumn which contains all three axis before and after PSD (I assume..) )?

Thanks to all anyway because i spent the whole day trying to solve this and still I haven't found a solution to my problem!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(15,449 Views)