LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual camera in MAX. What is it?

Solved!
Go to solution

MAX shows a virtual camera in its list of devices. It cannot be removed.

VirtualCamera.gif

In LabVIEW, the camera is present in the list obtained by IMAQdx Enumerate Cameras.vi. It can be accessed but does not provide any frames.

As I learned, a camera cannot be simulated by MAX. Please advise how to find what is it?

The computer was used in lab by different people. So there are only qualified guesses about history of installations. The OS was recently updated to Windows 11. There are LabVIEW 2021 and FLIR software installed.

(310 Views)

Hi Y,

@_Y_ wrote:

Please advise how to find what is it?

The computer was used in lab by different people. So there are only qualified guesses about history of installations.

Look for "OBS studio" in your favorite search engine…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by _Y_

@_Y_ wrote:

MAX shows a virtual camera in its list of devices. It cannot be removed.

[... ]

In LabVIEW, the camera is present in the list obtained by IMAQdx Enumerate Cameras.vi. It can be accessed but does not provide any frames.

As I learned, a camera cannot be simulated by MAX. Please advise how to find what is it?

i suppose, you have you have to de-install obs studio.

this open source software is heavily used by various youtubers and twitch streamers al around the world.

in an industrial environment, It can be used for documenting software via screenvideo as an .mp4

or acquire network streams from ipv4 cameras ...

when you stream a scene ("Start virtual camera") in obs e.g. your desktop, the  streamed media will show up in the virtual camera

alexderjuengere_0-1710855235124.png

Message 3 of 4
(261 Views)

GerdWalexderjuengere, thank you!

I did not uninstall Obs Studio but implemented a simple camera identification algorithm at the program side. Knowing nature of this virtual camera helped to take decision how to discriminate between different cameras.

(205 Views)