LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN Node As Router

Solved!
Go to solution

How do you configure a WSN Node to act as a router rather than an end node?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,418 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lockesmith

Hello,

The way that change an end node into a router node is by updating it's firmware.  If you select the node in MAX and then click the Update Firmware button you will get a dialog asking which firmware you want and allows you to select the end node firmware or the router firmware.

22354i1FD71D3D129543BA

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
Message 2 of 16
(3,403 Views)

Great!  Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,392 Views)

hello sir,

After changing the wsn node mode to router mode how to connect other end nodes to it??

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,007 Views)

WSN automatically configures the network in the background. When a node is set as a router node, the network will reconfigure itself to take this into account.

If you're interested in how the network is configured, you can check out this article.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,992 Views)

hello sir,

Can we update firmware programmtically ????? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,917 Views)

Hi rita86,

To update firmware programmatically, I would recommend using the WSN Deploy Firmware VI in the WSN Host API. This VI will create and deploy a new firmware image to the WSN node after an application has been built.

Regards,

Jordan G.

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,880 Views)

Hello sir,

This WSN deployment firmware will change the version of the Node , I need to swtich to End Node Mode or Switch to Router Mode as shown in figure programmatically , Plz help.

wsn.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,828 Views)

Hi rita86,

You will not be able to do this programmatically.  However, you can set a node as a router and still have it acquire data.  This way, it will behave as both the router and the end node.

Please note that the router will consume more power, and the recommendation is to have a steady power supply for the routers.  

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,792 Views)

Thanks a lot sir.I just need to confirm this only , as it is possible or not.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,777 Views)