LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight gauge serial port test

Yes, but as far as i know, i'm going to write my commands, and read it after in the test panel, but i always get that error:

"Timeout expired before operation completed" during reading process

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(725 Views)
And as far as we know, you could be writing gibberish. Explain exactly what you are writing. Better yet, attach an image.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(720 Views)

NI.png

Hello. Sorry, i was inactive for some days. But im writing those commands from the manual, and reading it after

command.png

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(696 Views)

That image is just about unreadable but it looks like your command string is *IDN?. Your list of commands does not show *IDN? so why would you want to send that?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(694 Views)

Yes.. Im sending it as *IDN. What should i else send ?.. Sorry my serial port cable is in workplace, so i can't open the test panel right now

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(682 Views)

You have to send commands that are supported by the instrument! You can only send what is listed in that table. You just can't make things up and expect a response. You also cannot do a read when the instrument does not send anything back. You also have to terminate each command with a \r\n (CR\LF).

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(676 Views)

Pin number.png

I have connected my pins from RJ45 to the D25 RS-232 cable as show in the picture above

And im writing the command "DN" which resets the weight display:

command 2.png

As shown in the picture below:

Exx.png

Anything wrong with that procedure ?

Best regards

Oesen
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(660 Views)