LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What LabVIEW licenses to purchase?

Solved!
Go to solution

https://www.ni.com/en/shop/software-portfolio/deployment-and-debug-licenses-for-ni-software.html?gad... 

Debug and Deployment Licenses

Debug licenses (sometimes referred to as debug/deployment licenses) are used to fix issues on an application or system that has already been created with a development license. Typically debug licenses are used when you have deployed an application and you need to periodically resolve issues with the code.

I do not know much about the debug license either.  We used to run full development licenses on each test machine before when we were doing more R&D.  But now we are getting to be more manufacturing/production where I use more executables and the test and validation machines are becoming more standardized.  The days of testing every crazy thing they could think of is slowing down.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(431 Views)

The  Debug and Deploy license is perpetual. OK

Will it then work with code developed on LabVIEW 2025 Professional?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(414 Views)

Honestly, all these questions could probably be answered with one phone call to NI sales.  

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(400 Views)

They will send me to their unresponsive reseller What a farce!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KMC123

The reseller finally got back with me. Turns out I only need two seats. No need for a "Volume" license What a relief!

All's well that ends well! Thank you all for your support!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(300 Views)

So they basically said what I said 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(287 Views)

Yes.......A good part of my frustration was the seeming lackadaisical response and perceived ignorance of the reseller. I needed to get a black and white quote for my superiors. I wish NI was as it used to be. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(271 Views)