LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this icon?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm going over the example CLD-R tests. This is part of one of the sample questions, and I have no idea what the icon in the for loop is. 

Unknown LabVIEW icon.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(259 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Grucza

It is a feedback node with the delay set to 3 in properties.

Message 2 of 8
(230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Grucza

It is the Feedback Node and operates like a shift-register inside a for loop (LV Global Variable).  You can right-click and change the direction for convenience.

Feedback NodeFeedback Node

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 3 of 8
(222 Views)

Thanks for the answers. I didn’t realize that it was a feedback node. It looks different than I remember. Did NI add functionality in the last 10 years? I never really found a reason to use one, obviously.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(215 Views)

The picture is very old, as we can tell from the boolean constant.

By default it looks different, because the enable terminal is hidden.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(196 Views)

Yes, NI hasn’t updated the practice tests in a very long time. I forget when they changed the Boolean constant.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(146 Views)

@David_Grucza wrote:

I'm going over the example CLD-R tests. This is part of one of the sample questions, and I have no idea what the icon in the for loop is. 

Unknown LabVIEW icon.png

On a side note, this is just a silly problem akin to a "togue twister", with no practical real-world use. Nobody goes to the extra step of showing the enable terminal, then hardwire it to a TRUE constant. Nobody ever uses a delay of more than one, except maybe on FPGA. Even a CLA would never write code like that. The code can be replaced by a plain array diagram constant having the desired result.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(106 Views)

I think most of the motivation behind the CLD-R is to motivate developers to catch up on all of the new features. Many I don't have a need for, but I should still know they are there.

Message 8 of 8
(71 Views)