LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I get an error when I call Snipping Tool with System Exec?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi to everyone, I want to call Snipping Tool from LabVIEW using the System Exec VI, but I always get an error 2; this not happen when I call another executables like calculator or paint; I hope someone can help me or tell me why this error occurs.

Thanks in advance, I have attached a couple of images of the VI that I have done so far.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,851 Views)

First, you will need to tell us what is "Snipping Tool"?  What does this application do?  How would you interact with it if you weren't using LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,836 Views)

Hi, the Snipping Tool is the screenshot tool that has Windows in accesories since his version 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screen-shots

I want to use this to save an arbitrary part of the screen after a measurement process, I know there are some other ways to achieve this task but I want to use the Snipping Tool because is very flexible and this can capture any part of the screen and not only the front panel like the invoke node FP.GetImage, moreover I want to avoid extra processes like cutting the images, etc.

Thanks for your interest.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,830 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AYanez

Hey there ;

I am guessing you are using the command: SnippingTool or SnippingTool.exe, just as you would use mspaint; but it is giving you Error 2; this is a Windows Issue more than a LabVIEW one, ,you can try using command:

C:\Windows\Sysnative\snippingtool.exe;

it worked for me; i found this info in the KB below.

Command Not Recognized When Using System Exec VI

Good luck

Message 4 of 5
(2,795 Views)

It works, thank you Marisol!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,777 Views)