LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the f2 patch of LV 2010 recognize the LV installation on my Windows 7 64-bit system?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I've downloaded the f2 patch of LV2010 that is already installed on my PC and launched the setup.exe as described on the installation procedure but, unfortunately the f2 patch doesn't recognize the installation of LV and doesn't install itself. I've installed into my system also LV2012, can it be the problem? Is there a trick to install the patch and pass it the installation path manually?

Thank you to all.....

Ricky
Italian Developer engineer
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,630 Views)

@g_Ricky wrote:

Hi All,

I've downloaded the f2 patch of LV2010 that is already installed on my PC and launched the setup.exe as described on the installation procedure but, unfortunately the f2 patch doesn't recognize the installation of LV [...]

I doubt that the installer let you reinstall the f2 patch again over your already in place installation.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,615 Views)

You also need to be careful because there is a 64 bit and a 32 bit version of the patch.  The patch should match the LabVIEW version's bitness, not the OS bitness.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,603 Views)

I'm sorry, I made a mistake.....

What I'd like to say is that I installed already Labview 2010 and I'd like to install the f2 patch to fix the some problem of it.

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,602 Views)

I've downloaded the 64-bit version of the patch, and I've got the 64-bit version of Windows 7....

What will I have to do more???

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,599 Views)

You would need LV 2010 64bit for this patch.

Another thing to take care of:

It makes a difference if you are running LV 2010 vs. LV 2010 SP1!

Norbert

HINT: If your LV installation is located in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, you are running LV 32bits. You can also check this in LV when opening the "About LabVIEW" window.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,595 Views)

Ok you are right.

Currnently I'm running LV 2010 SP1 (32 bit). I checked it by the "About page" on Labview. Does the f2 patch fix the bugs of the LV2010 SP1?

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author g_Ricky

Then this is the download page you should use.

There is a link to a document listing all addressed issues in 2010 SP1.

Norbert

Norbert
Message 8 of 9
(2,587 Views)

Thank you for the support you gave me .....

This was the solution!

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,579 Views)