cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiring the conditional terminal of a while loop created by LabVIEW Scripting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have written a VI creating a scripted VI that contains a while loop. So far so good. The problem is that I want to wire a boolean control to the conditional terminal of that while loop. I thought I could do that by either using a property node or an invoke node, but I could not find a way to access the terminal.

Does anyone know how to access the conditional terminal using a node or have another idea to solve the problem?

Regards,

Steffen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,349 Views)

I am not sure why you need property node or invoke node.  you can right click at conditional termonal and create control. Refer this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,347 Views)
When you have created the loop, you can then get references to all the objects in the loop (and maybe the conditional terminal itself, I do not have access to LabVIEW at the moment to check). You can loop through these to find the conditional terminal by trying to coerce to a conditional terminal and looking at errors. Use a connect wire method to connect your terminals.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,337 Views)

@ odessy27:

Because the VI in question is being created using VI scripting and the wiring is supposed to be created the same way... And since I have not found a way to wire two non-existent objects YET, using nodes seems like a logic way to try it...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,322 Views)

This is what I have so far, but it does not work that way. The VI produces error 1062.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,320 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LordSnow

Hi no87,

as attachment you will find a complete example.

Hope that help.

Best regards

Dippi

Message 6 of 7
(4,290 Views)

Thanks, that solved my problem!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,281 Views)