LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee compatibility

Hi SAqib,

It is defiantly possible to output a digital signal when a switch is pressed on the front panel of LabVIEW. As Hornless.Rihno said it is possible to use serial to output your 5 V but the manner in which you do this depends on what hardware and bus interface you have or want to use. 

If you want to use USB you could implement a USB DAQ system to output a true logic output which you could then connect to your Microcontroller. The process for doing this is the same for all NI Hardware and I have attached a piece of example code to illustrate how this can be done.

The key question is if you want to use NI hardware for this or some existing system you already have as the method for implementing it will vary.

Many thanks,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
Message 11 of 14
(578 Views)

That was a fantastic response!

I am going to take a look at that code. More importantly Now I am starting to feel this will work now and will definately consider what you both have said. I will update you guys on any progress but it wont be untill after exams/holidays I actually implement something on this section - most likely I will start in March!

Thanks guys

Saqib

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(576 Views)

Thanks for the update Saqib,

Keep the thread updated with your progress on this interesting application.

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(571 Views)

OK Guys - I am back!

I am actually so close to finishing my project off now and it is just this obstacle left, and actually  a little on the image processing, ut that later...

I have in my system the following:

Transmitter:

[PC]------->[XBEE Explorer board with a USB interface]-----------> XBEE 

Receiver:

[XBEE]->[Microcontroller: PIC18lf4520]->inputs/outputs

The story without labview in the picture:

Can successfully communicate via the software :"XCTU" which is a default one that comes with XBee modules.

When I mean communicate i mean, I performed the loop back tests and know they work.
I also typed in characters in the XCTU, and on the receiver end it illuminated LEDs, motors and etc.

Problem:
All I want to do is somehow transmit any character, whether it be 'a' or 'z' or even a number!

because I have programmed my uC to issue an interrupt should I get receive a character. This works flawlessly in XCTU.
How do I transmit this chatecter to the transmitting XBEE module in the above system I have describes?

Progress:
I have looked at the USB RAW Bulk example. I am completely lost by it, as i was suggested to use this vi to make Labview talk to my XBEEs.
I dont even know how to get started with it in LAbview at all. This is vital because I have done some image processing work in Labview, and the final step is to send a message to the receiver when Labview detects omething.

Please advise experts!!! I need urgent assistence to get this working because I need to do integration this week.

Thank you!

SAqib

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(535 Views)