cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about combing two array into one

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I post a questiona bout converting an array of integer into char (byte) array and I got a solution already http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-display-char-code-properly/m-p/2596087#M780368

However, I enouther another problem while dealing with an array of  U16 type. I would like to extract the high and low byte from numbers (U16) stored in array. I extract the high and low byte for each U16 number and convert them as char, concatenate them to a string. Repeat this process for each element in the array so to get a big string with each element is a char for high and low byte. My code is enclosed as follows

ttt1d.png

It works fine but I am concerning the speed. Is that any other way to do it fast and don't use loop (in real case, I will deal with pretty big array many times, efficiency is a problem). Note that the high and low bytes array extracted from the original array with the module Split number.vi, but how can I combine these two array in one code with data arranged as high-low-high-low ... ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PKIM

Just use Type Cast on the U16 array.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,182 Views)

PKIM wrote:

However, I enouther another problem while dealing with an array of  U16 type. I would like to extract the high and low byte from numbers (U16) stored in array. I extract the high and low byte for each U16 number and convert them as char, concatenate them to a string. Repeat this process for each element in the array so to get a big string with each element is a char for high and low byte. My code is enclosed as follows

ttt1d.png

It works fine but I am concerning the speed. Is that any other way to do it fast and don't use loop (in real case, I will deal with pretty big array many times, efficiency is a problem). Note that the high and low bytes array extracted from the original array with the module Split number.vi, but how can I combine these two array in one code with data arranged as high-low-high-low ... ? Thanks.

You need to be more clear.

Looking at the code, you are dealing with I16, not U16. Also your index array primitives could be replaced by autoindexing. Your use of the feedback node only makes sense if you want to append strings forever with stale data, thus growing data structures without limits. If you only want to convert the current data, remove the feedback mode and use a "concatenate strings" with a single input. A for loop is one of the most efficient data structures and using it is not a problem. One way or another the code needs top oerate on all data.

All that said, I agree with Tim that most likely all you need to do is insert a typecast after the "to I16" and eliminate all other code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,162 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Just use Type Cast on the U16 array.

beautiful, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,161 Views)