LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after quitting cpu runs at 100%

If i close the project after 4) (and the cpu is being eaten), then the whole LabView process stops, as if i killed it from task manager.

Every other vi works fine.

Sorry i cannot send the vi, because of legal issues (company work).

The problem appears when i call my dll from an almost empty vi, too. But as i said, not always.

Well, let me tell what exactly my vi and dll do:

The application displays and processes data received from CAN bus via a CAN-USB transceiver. 

- My vi first calls a function from the dll (init), that creates a thread listening to some events (new message received on USB).

- Then in my vi i have an EventCaseStructure, that is listening a user event, created by me (and passed to the dll), if the dll gets an interrupt, it passes the data to LabView with PostLVUserEvent library function, and then my vi recognizes it as a user event.

- When i want to quit the vi, first i call the dll's Stop() function, that terminates the thread and frees up everything, then i destroy my user event, and finally close my vi.

So this is the situation. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(650 Views)

Does the Stop() work always correctly in your DLL?

Do you have any loop after that in your VI which could run at 100% load (untimed loop)?

Your first sentence creates the impression that LabVIEW crashes when closing the project after step 4). Is that correct?

Do you get any "investigate errors" messages when restarting LV?

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(648 Views)

"Does the Stop() work always correctly in your DLL?"

i use trace messages and debugview, and it seems to be all right (there is a chance, that im wrong) 

"Do you have any loop after that in your VI which could run at 100% load (untimed loop)?"

no, nothing. no untimed loops, and timeouts everywhere. 

"Your first sentence creates the impression that LabVIEW crashes when closing the project after step 4). Is that correct?"

that's right.

"Do you get any "investigate errors" messages when restarting LV?"

no, it just offers to recover the project becouse "it did not shut down normally".

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(646 Views)

Hi,

Any advancements on your CPU load problem?

I have the same problem sometimes: After stopping the program the project still uses one core (25% in my case). (LabVIEW 2014 32bit)

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(400 Views)

The OP hasn't been here in almost eight years.  You probably should start your own thread.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(396 Views)