LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog arm digital start multiple triggers

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to arm a labview trigger from an analog signal and then actually have the trigger start from a separate, digital or analog signal.  Both signals are being inputted simultaneously on 2 different channels.  From looking on the forums I have found that the opposite situation is possible: arm with a digital signal and then start with an analog/digital trigger but I have not found a way to either arm or to essentially take the logical AND of triggers from two separate channels (with one being analog and the other being either) as being the "ultimate" trigger.  Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,410 Views)

Hi Clintons,

What hardware are you using to do this? Also, could you post a link to the forum where you found the opposite situation to be possible?

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,397 Views)

Hi Sunaina,

I'm using the USB-6251.  I think I mispoke earlier as I haven't been able to re-locate the opposite solution I mentioned.  In the meantime I have also been exploring the idea of using a counter and an arm start trigger, but am still having some difficulty.  My experiment is set up as follows:

I have an analog input going into AI0 which is to be used both as the analog trigger and as a channel for reading data.  I also have a ttl signal from a function generator that is going to PFI0.  My end goal is for the analog signal of the AI0 to effectively arm a trigger that will start on the rising edge of the TTL signal on PFI0, which will in-turn cause the logging of (at that moment) a synchronized analog signal on AI0.

To accomplish this, I thought it might be a good idea to have the analog signal trigger a counter which could be used to arm a second trigger.  But I'm having issues using the DAQmxTrigger property node.  In this case I would need the arm-start trigger to be armed by the counter, and trigger on the PFI0 signal to measure the input on AI0.  This is where I'm having issues.  Unless you can think of a better way to accomplish the goal above?

Thanks much for the help,

Clinton

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,390 Views)
Solution
Accepted by clintons

Hi Clintons,

I think you are looking for the Export Signal VI. It can be found on the NI-DAQmx palette.I have also attached a document with further information on this VI.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/a099c37789aacee386256e35007338e6?OpenDocument\

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,377 Views)