LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anywhereUSB

NI's USB DAQ hardware is designed and tested to the USB specification.  We had identified an unusual behavior in some extenders that caused enumeration to fail.  We worked around this behavior, and this should have been addressed in our most recent driver (DAQmx 8.5).  Please let us look into this and see what's going on.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,110 Views)

To correct a typo on my previous post:

"You are using the USB-9215A, which is composed of the NI 9211 C-Series Module, and the USB-9162 USB Sleeve.  This device uses NI-DAQmx as described by this KB." 

The USB-9215A, is composed of the NI 9215 C-Series Module, and the USB-9162 USB Sleeve, not the 9211 module. 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,102 Views)
That'd be great if you found a way to make this work. Please let me know if I can be of any help.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,100 Views)
I tried the ANYWHEREUSB and was able to correctly install a USB-9215A.  One thing to note is that I did have a bit of difficulty getting the ANYWHEREUSB to install with the USB-9215A connected.  In fact even if I had my USB thumb drive installed I couldn't get the ANYWHERE USB to install correctly..  However, now that it installed I don't have any issues if I disconnect and reconnect the device.  I tested using test panels in MAX with no problem.  The performance isn't great.  I could only run the device at about 10 kS/s on a single channel without an error.

Try to totally install the USB hub before connecting any devices.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neil S
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,072 Views)

I am using a next generation AnywhereUSB MCH; Right after I run the utility software that creates the virtual USB device, NI Max sees it as a standard USB raw device. Then can change it's name to the real name of the device and close NI Max. The device is available as a VISA Resource and it functions just fine in Labview. But the next time I open NI max it is gone and will not reappear unless I disconnect the AnywhereUSB in software and re-run the utility. What can I do to get NI Max to remember the device? As long as Labview is open I can see the device as an available VISA resource even thought it is vanished in NI-Max. My device is a Spectrometer HR4000 but I don't think that has anything to do with it vanishing from NI Max. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(628 Views)