cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder error.llb

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm using application builder to compile an executable of my VI. Compile runs without a hitch.

However, when I try to launch the .exe three subvis from error.llb are missing : Not Found Dialog.vi, Details Display Dialog.vi and Set String Value.vi

The compiled .exe seems to be looking for these VIs in instr.lib, which is nowhere to be found in the compile folder.

This happens even on my developpment machine, on which, of course, the VI runs fine from within LabView.

Did I miss something during the compiler setup ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Nico

Message 1 of 5
(4,025 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nikko3

I've had this before, and it was reported by NI as being a bug that comes from loading up a project that was built in an older version of LabVIEW and creating an application from it. For me it was loading a LV8.5 project into 8.6.

The only workaround was to add the three missing vi's to the project, and ensure they are added to the Always Included list within the application builder.

You will find these vi's in Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.x\vi.lib\Utility\error.llb. Simply add them to your project somewhere, then in application builder made sure you select them as Always Included in the Source Files section, then rebuild your application.

Message Edited by Thoric on 03-13-2009 03:52 PM
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 2 of 5
(4,020 Views)

Thanks a lot Thoric !

It did solve my problem

cheers

nico

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,989 Views)

I have the same problem; indeed, the project has been converted from 8.2 to 8.6.

But i tried to recreate a new project directly in 8.6, and the problem stays, so it's not caused by conversion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,788 Views)

Some years later...
I just ran into a similar issue, now with LV2015 SP1: Not Found Dialog.vi and Set String Value.vi from the error.lib missing in the compiled exe. 
In my case just restarting Labview helped.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,229 Views)