LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad serial ports communication, in computer that labview8.0 run time engine installed on it

Solved!
Go to solution
I build my labview program (in version8.0) to executable program(for example myprog.exe) with tool menu     > buil executable... item in first computer. In my program I use serial ports COM1(9600 bps baud rate) and COM2(19200 bps baud rate).
in first computer that Labview8.0 installed on it myprog.exe work correctly.

In second computer that installed only labview 6.0 on it ,I download (from ni site) and install Labview runtime engine 8.0 on it  for executing myprog.exe, but when I run myprog.exe, it run very slow and cpu usage performance reach to 100% also COM2 don't work correctly.
Only myprog.exe work in normally speed and correctly when I execute Labview6.0 !!!
It mean I must install Labview8.0 in second computer and therefore runtime engine 8.0 is unusable for my application why???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,251 Views)
You don't mention also installing VISA run-time. this is necessary for serial communication. This can be included in the installer you create when you build the exe.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by javadi_ali
You would also need the NI-Serial driver installed on the second computer.  You can get NI-Serial and NI-VISA, plus any other drivers you use in your executable, on the Drivers and Updates page.

Thanks!
Meghan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,213 Views)