LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cin crash after reinstalling

Hello all,

I've encountered a problem with a CIN which I don't seem to be able to solve.

I'm running LV8.6 on Linux Ubuntu which I know is not really supported, but it have worked so far. I'm working on an application that is talking to HW through USB, the drivers for this is implemented using CINs. Now recently i needed to reinstall my computer and hence LabVIEW, and after that my problems started. Whenever I call my function OpenA3SDevice, LabVIEW crashes without giving me a hint of why. I've tried recompiling the lsb, I've tried creating new CIN containing the lsb. I have old code using a CIN once built in LV 8.5 with a lsb based on exactly the same C code. This works fine. Copying this CIN into new vi:s works fine. Creating a new CIN with the same lsb does not work. Other CINs does not crash, but they are however useless if I can't perform Open Device first.

The C code is attached. I've noted that the file extcode.h have changed between LV 8.5 - 8.6, but I'm not terribly good a C so I have problems seeing if this has got anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

//Martin

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,380 Views)

H Martin

I don't know if this is still applicable, but have you tried using the extcode.h from 8.5 when compiling the code instead of the 8.6 version? Just to see if thats the problem, I don't have the 8.5 version so I can't compare them. Do you remeber if you are using the same compiler as you did back when you compiled the working lsb?

Best Regards

David

NISW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,318 Views)

Sorry for not getting back on this, but my problem turned out to be a source code control problem. The c code was of a more recent version than the lsb (which is also in source code control for some reason) and was not working even though it compiled. Took me a while to realize this, but when i backed the c-code one version everything worked fine.

Thanks for your reply though David.

Best Regards

//Martin

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,315 Views)

Hi Martin

Glad it worked out. Take care

Best Regards

David