LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating VI from vision assistant

Hi all,
I am working in a part of image processing by using NI vision assistant 8.2 . the problem is that I can not create a VI for what I did . I did the steps in the manual hundreds of times ( tools-->create labview VI-->.....) and select the name and the location but when I click finish I got nothing, only the Getting started screen appears. and there is nothing in the location that I used. Can anybody help? Is the problem because I am using student edition of the labview? although I tried to create a c code and a builder file and it is done.

I am waiting for your help,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,716 Views)
Hi,

In LabVIEW, try navigating to Tools»Options»Performance and Disk, and selecting 'Run with multiple threads'.

Please let me know if the above does not solve the issue and we can continue to troubleshoot. If the above does not work:

What version LabVIEW are you using? Are you using any trial versions?

Best Regards,

~Nate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,700 Views)

Unfortunately I did not find the option that you wrote. What I found is in the attached picture. I am using labview 8.2 and vision assistant 8.0. but the labview is a student edition.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,694 Views)
My apologies,

I did not check the LabVIEW version before I posted my last suggestion. This option only existed up until LabVIEW 8.0. You should not have a problem related to this option in LabVIEW 8.2.  I was able to create a VI based on one of the example scripts using Vision Assistant 8.5 and LabVIEW 8.5 Student Edition. Without being able to replicate the problem, it is hard to know what to suggest. Here are a couple troubleshooting steps you could take:

Did you select "Current Script" in step 2 or 4 of the LabVIEW VI Creation Wizard?
Did you leave "Image File" Selected in step 3?

If you have LabVIEW open while trying to create the VI, close it out first, then open up Vision Assistant and try creating a VI when LabVIEW is not open to begin with.

When the LabVIEW getting started screen opens up, nothing happens after that? Can you still open up a blank VI from the getting started screen or is it locked up? See below for a screenshot of what is supposed to happen after the getting started screen pops up.

You could also try repairing Vision Assistant from the add/remove programs menu in Windows.

Best Regards

~Nate

Message 4 of 5
(3,641 Views)

Thanks I realized that was my issue... first time using the entire software package on this comp, and I needed to first create my first VI in the system, restart everything, and then the option of Create LabView VI from the Vision Assistant was finally visible (after opening that VI first on my screen before opening Vision Assistant).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(811 Views)