LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cryptography algorithm

Can any one answer me or refer me a book

1) How sensitive are digital signals that don't use security to those that do use security(crptography)?

2) Take a look at state of the art technologies that handle bit errors in transmissions - is there one for secure systems or do you need a more accurrate filter design that produces no errors? 

3) The time period that it takes for the security to execute and how fast your filter needs to be in order to avoid dropping samples.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,383 Views)

Hi Naveen Bhogadi,

This may not be the best place to get a good answer to your questions.  Why type of crptography are you using or looking at using?   What langauge are you programming in?   

Best Regards,

Starla T. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,337 Views)

Hi ,

I am working on cryptography using labview

I am uploading the file which i have done

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,312 Views)

Hi Naveen Bhogadi,

Cryptography is a very complex and diverse topic.   Unfortunately, only you will know how to write the code that will do your specific application.   However, maybe if you give me a few more details about your application, I might be able to point you in the right direction.   What is your end goal with you application?   What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Best Regards,

Starla

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,275 Views)

Hi

I am trying to transmit the signal with noise and at the receiver i want to securely receive the data without any noise(using cryptography).

cryptography is used for security purpose.

my question is

How sensitive are the  digital signals that use security(security is nothing but cryptography) and that they dont use security(without cryptography)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,249 Views)

How sensitive are the  digital signals that use security(security is nothing but cryptography) and that they dont use security(without cryptography)

That seems as of it would depend on the algorithm used, the value of the data over time, and who might be trying to decrypt the data.  I don't believe that can be answered with the information given.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,229 Views)

Hi

I am using SHA-1 algorithm, Rsa encryption and Rsa decryption

I am attaching what i have done

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,211 Views)

Well it sounds like you need two different things, an error correction signalling protocol that takes care of bit errors (noise) in the transmission, but just sees the signal as bits and "cleans" up the signal, and your encryption routine, which takes the resulting "clean" signal and decodes/decrypts it. Those are two functions, although in today's digital world they may have been combined into one function.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,194 Views)

RSA can be used to encrypt/decrypt your message.

However, this assumes that the string passed into it is correct.

For error checking, you need to employ another alogrithm as well.

You could use things such as parities and checksums to determine if the string was correctly transmitted.

If your program determines that there was an error with transmission, you can either have the sender re-send the message, or you need to work on an error correction algorithm, which could be tricky depending on your application.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,187 Views)

I applied checksum at the transmitter side and at the receiver side too.

Now i need to check the retransmission of the signal. Can any one help me out for checking the retransmission of the signal

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,100 Views)