LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I convert .int to .csv or other file so that I may salvage my data

My data are written or stored in a file with the extension .int and the headers are stored in a .int file.  At the end of data acquisition the files are combined to create a .csv file that I generally then open in Excel.  Problem: the program crashed.  I would like to salvage the data.  In the data folder are the two .int files.  How can I convert the .int data file into a .csv file outside of LabVIEW?  What program or application can I use?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,855 Views)

.INT is a Borland Delphi extension but I'm not familiar with its structure.  If you open the file in Notepad is it readable or binary gibberish?  If it's human readable you should be able to create a conversion tool with labVIEW or any scripting language pretty easily.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,848 Views)

Gibberish

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,844 Views)

Bummer.  I didn't find any file format details particular to .INT with a quick Google search.  It's tough to search for since INT is short for so many things (e.g. INTeger, INTernational, etc.).  You might try contacting Borland or peruse a Delphi forum for help.  Otherwise you could try using LabVIEW to read the first line, typecast it into different sized bytes and then convert those to strings.  By trying different parameters you may be able to convert it into something legible which would provide you with the key to translating it.

If you can, post a bit of the file(s) and perhaps someone here can help decode it.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,831 Views)

Do you have a set of .int and .csv files which were successfully converted as an example?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,827 Views)

File size is 149MB.  I don't know how to split it in order to post it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,812 Views)

To Lynn,

Once the header and data files are converted to a .csv file the original .int files are deleted.  therefore I have .csv files from previous experiments but no associated .int files.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,811 Views)

I could run a very abbreviated experiment, prematurely stop it, and send a much smaller paired header and data .int file.  I will need to wait until Monday to do this.  Please stay tuned, your responses are encouraging me to figure this out.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,810 Views)