LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx 9.02 on windows vista x64

Solved!
Go to solution

I tried to install the latest daqmx drivers but it gave me a bunch of errors while installing NI-VISA and a bunch of other products. Eventually it finished installation but now nidevmon.exe does not start.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I already have Labview 8.6 with daqmx 8.7 installed. I upgraded my application to Labview 2009 with daqmx 9.02 on another machine. Now I want to transfer that application to this Vista x64 computer. I also want to be able to run the older application (built using 8.6). I was hoping I could install 32-bit version of Labview 2009 along with the latest version daqmx and visa and then the upgraded application will work. Is it possible that the installation files were just corrupted? Can I install 32-bit daqmx on x64 vista? I don't really care about the memory usage limit right now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by abdel2

Hi abdel2,

DAQmx 9.0.2 should work just fine on Vista x64. Are you getting an error about nidevmon.exe? Were you getting these errors on the 64 bit machine?  It sounds like you might have a bad installation.  Have you tried reinstalling DAQmx?  Have you restarted since you installed?

Installing LabVIEW on Windows Vista x64 Edition

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,325 Views)

I just did some more checking and it looks like I was installing version 8.9 of daqmx. It was released in Nov. 2009 so I thought it was actually the newest version, but I guess not.

Now I installed version 9.02 and it works great. I'm installing NI-serial 3.5.1 as well. Hopefully that will work fine too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,322 Views)