LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delay line

So, it looks like you using the Stanford Research Lock-In Amplifier. Hard to read exact model number, is it 530 or 580?

First you need to download suitable driver for LabVIEW from Instrument Driver Network.

For SR530 it is here: Stanford Research 510 530 Amplifier.

If your Model is not present, then you can try with similar model, there are several available, for example Stanford Research 830, many commands on similar devices are "unified" and compatible more or less.

Then you need to connect it to PC (LabVIEW+Visa should be installed, obviously), then your first goal is to get device successfully initialized — you should have a response without error.

Just open VI Tree from downloaded driver - you will see Initalization VI:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 12.34.16.png

Then use suitable SubVIs to get required data from your device. At first message you wrote that you have also step motor, but on the diagram the only Lock-In Amplifier is connected to the PC. If so, then the task is not very complicated.

Message 11 of 31
(257 Views)

Is it forbidden to contact by e-mail or any other social media account? I'm new to the forum. I'm asking because I don't know.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 31
(230 Views)

@oakin wrote:

Is it forbidden to contact by e-mail or any other social media account? I'm new to the forum. I'm asking because I don't know.

It is unnecessary and doesn't happen (often).

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 13 of 31
(226 Views)

Is there any chance you can help me if I give you my instagram address? We can contact faster from there.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(216 Views)

@oakin wrote:

Is there any chance you can help me if I give you my instagram address? We can contact faster from there.

I would like to recommend to continue here. By the way most of social networks including instagram are blocked by our company's policy, could be the same for other participants in industrial/research environment. This discussion also can be useful for other engineers with similar problems. For example, here was discussed a little bit for similar model: SR830 Lock-in-amplifier data acquisition and save.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(205 Views)

You've already been given the advice on how to complete your task. 

You'd be most of the way to completing it by now if you'd followed the advice given and worked through the tutorials 

Message 16 of 31
(189 Views)

It seems "unlikely" (and certainly "unprofessional") for a Professor to require a student or trainee to "finish a LabVIEW Project in two weeks" when they should know that the trainee (i.e. you) have no experience with LabVIEW and would not be able to do this "on your own" in this time.  It would be like asking me to write a short story of 20 typewritten pages in Greek (with, of course, Greek letters).  I might be able to "hand something in", but there's no way I could have been the author ...

Still, if "turning in the Project" is the only criterion, then I recommend that you hire a LabVIEW Programmer right away to do this for you (or really start studying at top speed!).  The purpose of this Forum is to help LabVIEW users who "get stuck" or "find a problem" that might be a "bug" in the latest version -- not to "do my homework" (or "do my Job") "for me".

If you are in a University environment, you might also check out undergraduate or graduate students in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer) to see if you can get "Hands-on Help".  There is also a Forum here in the LabVIEW Community under "Special Interest Boards" (look on the left side of the main Window that lists all the Forums) called "LabVIEW Developers Seeking Employment".  

Bob Schor

Message 17 of 31
(159 Views)

I definitely agree with your opinion, but there is almost no labview programmer ın my country. I searched a lot, but I couldn't find anyone to do my homework. For this reason I wrote here. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(125 Views)

No, I dont agree with you on this issue. If you are given an assignment on a program that you do not understand at all, you cannot do it in such a simple way. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(124 Views)

How far have you got? 

What stage is your program at now? 

I would assume it has progressed since you last shared it.

EDIT: It appears you've not shared anything previously. So what have you attempted so far? What can you do in labview? Which tutorials have you completed so that we can assist

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(101 Views)