cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1172 invoke node only in executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys ,
I'm an engineer student , I'm doing a little project , I'm new with Labview and I have some a problem that i couldn't solve after completing my project .Vi I built a .exe the problem is when I test my Vi it works perfectly :

the .VI testing.PNGbut when I build it to .exe I have a problem 
the .exe testing.PNGthe error message is

Error 1172 occurred at Nœud de méthode System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Inner Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Npgsql, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Une exception .NET s'est produite dans un assembly externe. Pour obtenir des informations sur comment corriger cette erreur, copiez l'exception suivante (en gras) et recherchez-la sur le site Web MSDN de Microsoft ou sur le Web pour trouver une explication possible.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException dans Config tracecom_BWI(SubVI).vi

I couldn't find any solution for this problem so I hope that you help me 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,705 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HAMZA555

Error 1172 occurred at Nœud de méthode System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Inner Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Npgsql, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Une exception .NET s'est produite dans un assembly externe. Pour obtenir des informations sur comment corriger cette erreur, copiez l'exception suivante (en gras) et recherchez-la sur le site Web MSDN de Microsoft ou sur le Web pour trouver une explication possible.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException dans Config tracecom_BWI(SubVI).vi

The problem is there in the error message - it is missing an assembly "Npgsql" (or rather a file Npgsql.dll). This is a dependency of the assembly you are using for your calls and needs to be present either in the same folder as the original assembly, a sub-folder of the LabVIEW project (or the LabVIEW Program Files path if you aren't using a project but you really should be) or the GAC. I suggest the first option.

Message 2 of 3
(8,677 Views)

thanks very much it worked perfectly 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,659 Views)