LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure is blinking!

Hi,
In my application (basically, an event structure inside a main loop, that respond to event buttons),
when I press a particular button, the application pause, and the event structure is blinking red and cyan. No any error msg are displayed.

All the other buttons in the application work fine, except for this one. The only difference is that I use two 'File Dialog' controls in this particular event structure.

What does this red & cyan blinking mean? I did not pause the application, so I don't understand what can cause it to pause.

I use Labview 8.0.
Here is a partial screenn shot of the event structure that is paused and waiting for pressing the 'Finish Event Structure' button on the Labview toolbar. If I press it, the application continue normally, and I obtain the result I exepect.

Very strange!
Tnx for any hints.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,797 Views)

You have set a breakpoint on the diagram of the Event Structure.  You can confirm this by noticing a red border inside your Event Structure when your VI is not running.  Switch to your breakpoint tool and click in the diagram of the Event Structure to remove the breakpoint.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,794 Views)
If I click on the event structure with the breakpoint tool, an other red border appears, but on the outside of the event structure (and it is a bit thicker than the red border that I see on the inside of the structure.

???
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,792 Views)

As I said, click on the diagram of the Event Structure...you know, the white space inside it?  Clicking on the border of the Event Structure will place a breakpoint on the structure itself...you have a breakpoint on the diagram of the structure, not the structure itself.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,782 Views)
Of course the easiest would be to upgrade to 8.20 and use the new menu item "Remove all breakpoints from hierarchy". 😄

(See page 36 of the upgrade notes: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371780b.pdf )
Message 5 of 10
(3,774 Views)

Yeah, from what I understand, a really cool guy on the LabVIEW team added that feature.

-D

Message 6 of 10
(3,761 Views)

Ok, I clicked a few times in the event border, and both red borders disapeard. Everything is working fine now, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,753 Views)

Hello...

I also have a red border inside a sequence structure.  If I right-click on the sequence structure, I can

set a breakpoint, giving a red border outside the structure.  If I right click on the white space inside

the structure as suggested earlier in this thread, I get the Functions palette.  If I left click, I get nothing,

no matter which tool is active.  If I search for breakpoints, the search finds this red border, but there is

no way to delete the breakpoint!

Interestingly, the "built" application runs without stopping here.

Quitting LabVIEW or rebooting the computer doesn't help.

OS is Windows 7 Professional.  LabVIEW version is 8.5 FDS.

Anyone?

Halden

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,240 Views)

Have you tried the menu item:

"edit...remove breakpoints from hierarchy"?

It should remove all breakpoint that you have.

Alternative:

@Halden wrote:

If I right click on the white space inside the structure as suggested earlier in this thread, I get the Functions palette.

try shift-right-click to get the tools palette, grab the breakpoint tool, and click inside the frame. That should work too.

Message 9 of 10
(3,221 Views)

Woohoo!  It worked!  I didn't know that option was even there!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,187 Views)