LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do one download the csv file that Yahoo generates when looking for a company's stock historical data using LabVIEW?

If you find an easy way to parse html I'd like to see it! One method that I've used deal with a html table is to isolate it, replace the html tags </td> & </tr> with tab & end-of-line characters, then strip out all other html tags. The resulting string can then be run through the Spreadsheet String to Array function to obtain a table.

You can also set the IHTMLElement property to "OuterText" (I needed to use OuterHTML to get the earnings table) to get plain text. Then parse the text string for the data you want.

Message Edited by Support on 05-17-2005 12:47 PM

Message 11 of 17
(2,091 Views)
I am working on the 'candlestick' problem right now - for the same application type - historical stock data form Yahoo.  I would be interested in any 'candlestick' solutions you may find and will pass along my findings as well.

-Helter

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,023 Views)
Has anyone thought of doing this using a .NET assembly? I'm sure one exists on the web somewhere for accessing stock prices, possibly even historical prices. It would be easier to simply call this assembly and directly return data (it seems) than manually parsing html code. I know I've seen it done before, but now I can't remember 🙂
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,002 Views)
You may find that JFreeChart has much to offer if you are considering another platform.  Some very nice looking charts (dig down and look at the examples).  Also, package is free and there are inexpensive third party solutions.

Here is the link:
http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/index.php

TommyHelter
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,999 Views)
Hello all,

An X-Y Graph will do the trick for the 'candlestick" look.  You'll have to reformat your data though.
Each "candlestick" is an array of three points (in the case of stocks, high, low and close).
All three points have the same "X" value for time.

Tanx,
TommyHelter

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,989 Views)

By the way, fills in all other graph/charts don't seem to work.
It shows bars until you try to fill to a plot instead of zero.
Then, it fills in all area between the two plots.

TommyHelter

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,988 Views)

Yahoo now provides Download to Spreadsheet links:

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=GE&a=00&b=1&c=1900&d=02&e=31&f=2005&g=d&ignore=.csv

If you have Internet toolkit there is a Read HTML page or something like that VI there that will spit out everything as a text string.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,874 Views)