LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get USB device in the list of VISA resource Name field of VISA Open VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I have followed the below tutorial to communicate with my device using USB port. But i didn't get the name of the USB port in Measurement & Automation Explorer devices list. How to get it? Can anyone suggest something?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kimhyun

Hi kimhyun,

I have attempted this.But succeeded.I used pendrive as my USB device.my sugesstion is you don't disconnect your device at any point of your work.Check the device is connected properly.IF your system has recognized your device,you can view the device in control panel>>Device Manager>>Then open your particular device from the list of connected device then Details>>device description>>Hardware Ids>>Then you can find your vendor id there.

Try this.I think your device is loosly connected.Which USB device are you using??Also you must install THE DRIVER OF YOUR USB DEVICE.

GOOD LUCKSmiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
Message 2 of 5
(5,866 Views)

Depending upon the USB device you are using.You have to install it's device driver.Suppose you are using a null modem cable you have to install the particular device driver.Try this.And this is not a serious issue you can easily resolve it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
Message 3 of 5
(5,864 Views)

First of all, are you really sure you need to create a VISA driver? Using VISA requires a lot of low level information from the vendor and if you do not have that, you are wasting your time. Second, the above responses indicate installing the driver from the vendor. You can only do one or the other. And yes, you need to provide the make and model of the USB device and especially provide any information on what kind of software comes from the vendor of it.

Message 4 of 5
(5,859 Views)

Thankyou verymuch danil33.I tried as per your instructions and succeeded.ThankyouSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,831 Views)