cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use xlsm in report generation toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using Labview 8.6 with Report Generation Toolkit 1.1.4.  I'm trying to use an xlsm file as my template to create a new report, modify a few cells, and then save it as an xlsm file.  I got this to work with .xlsx file format, so I'm guessing the toolkit can't work with .xlsm?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,123 Views)
Message 2 of 9
(5,095 Views)
Unfortunately I do not believe xlsm files are currently supported.  I will let you know if I can find a workaround for this.
Message 3 of 9
(5,089 Views)

Thanks for your replies.  I received an e-mail from NI support saying the exact same thing and they suggested as a work around to use that Excel data plugin to get around the issue.  Do you think this file format will be supported natively anytime soon?  I can't imagine its a priority but I think its an important feature to have since it seems like the two basic Excel file formats for 2007 is the .xlsx and the xlsm.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,080 Views)

Unfortunately I do not believe xlsm files are currently supported.  I will let you know if I can find a workaround for this

oops then it is misleading.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by framework

The following may be a workaround for you:

1.       Navigate to the following VI:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\addons\_office\_exclsub.llb\Excel_Save_Workbook.vi

2.       Add a “.xlsm” case to the case structure and use 52 as the numeric value:

xlsm support.PNG

Note: Please make sure to save this as a new VI so that the original vi.lib is intact. You may also want to edit the icon so you remember this is not the original version.  Let me know if this helps.

Message 6 of 9
(5,052 Views)

Alright so I've made the adjustments, and as far as I can tell I can open, edit, and save .xlsm files.  Awesome, thanks a lot Burt.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,047 Views)
Nice work around. Thanks for posting it burt.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,026 Views)

@Burt S wrote:

The following may be a workaround for you:

1.       Navigate to the following VI:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\addons\_office\_exclsub.llb\Excel_Save_Workbook.vi

2.       Add a “.xlsm” case to the case structure and use 52 as the numeric value:

xlsm support.PNG

Note: Please make sure to save this as a new VI so that the original vi.lib is intact. You may also want to edit the icon so you remember this is not the original version.  Let me know if this helps.

This is helpfull

Works great ! Please handle this natively in the toolkit 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,714 Views)