LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrating matlab into labview

Is it possible to integrate (import) a matlab file which uses special toolbox ( like hmm toolkit and neural network) into LabVIEW??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(9,261 Views)
Message 2 of 13
(9,257 Views)

One of the methods would be to create a .dll file out of the matlab model and pass parameters to the dll.

Other methods, if you are using simulink too, would be the use of Simulation Interface Toolkit from NI, or using the MathScript node if you have matlab based text program.

What kind of model are you actually looking to integrate with LabVIEW?

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(9,251 Views)

Hello,

I am working LABVIEW and MATLAB platform.I would like to intergrate matlab into labview.Is that possible?

If so please can you explain how can be done...

Thanks in advance.!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,532 Views)

@yogesh

You need to give more details about your application.

Are you trying to use LabVIEW with Matlab development environment running in the background, or are you planning to deploy your application where Matlab/Simulink development environment won't be available?

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,475 Views)

Hello FraggerFox,

I am running matlab in one comuputer and Labview in another computer.The aim is to get a signal from the Matlab to Labiview 

In Matlab i  have set of codes which will peform some operation when i press push button that push button signal should be given to the labview so that it should start working LabView.

So that we can use ethernet communication between them but i dont have idea how will it work.....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,357 Views)

In that case a really quick, dirty solution is to create a shared folder on the host computer, map it to a network drive on the other computer, then to write a file in that folder in the Matlab program which is then read in by LabVIEW program.

The more efficient method would use network sockets, which I believe is possible, but that involves more programming. 

Message 7 of 13
(8,352 Views)

Thanks you so much for your response. From your explanation I understood that “You explained how to get  access to the saved matlab file ” but my case is different.

I want to get online monitoring of matlab file (one motor is connected to matab file), Need to get some values from the matlab running environment to the LabVIEW environment.

So Matlab act as Master and Labview act as slave ...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(8,338 Views)

When you say "one motor is connected to one matab file" - do you mean one .M file, or a MAT file ?  In other words, is it a program or data?  

The easiest way that I"ve come across to transfer data between different environments, is to write to an intermediate file.   Be sure to  write to a raw binary or text (dont use the Matlab 'save' command, that will save in MAT format, which I'm pretty sure is unreadable by LabVIEW).   There is the problem of signalling the LabVIEW program when data is available, you could handle this by having the Matlab program could write to another file to indicate that data is availalbe, and the LabVIEW program could continuously poll this file to see if a value has been written.   Then the LabVIEW program would read in the data file, and reset the signalling file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(8,335 Views)

Thank you so much for your response.I will work on it and get back to you ....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,330 Views)