LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 6.1 graph axis scaling problem

wow it's been 3 years since i've actively used labview lol so here's the problem. unfortunately, i can't even really "test" it because it's running on a computer i cant really touch. anyways, using labview 6.1. i was wondering if newer versions of labview fix the problem?

so the problem is i have a graph, and the graph changes in real-time with the x-axis being seconds. the x-axis constantly changes because well time is constantly moving. i want the x-axis to be in integers (1, 2, 3, 4). unfortunately what happens is it shows some weird exp (1, 1E+300, 1E+300, 1E+300) and it only changes back to integers like 1/60seconds.

another weird thing to note, if i minimize or un-focus on the VI then go back to it, the axis would constantly change back and forth btw the integers and the exponents

any ideas? this could have been an issue with old labview versions, if that's true just say that lol

thanks in advance for the help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,452 Views)

It sounds to me that your Waveform Chart has it's y-axis set to autoscale.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,435 Views)

Hi unknown00,

The way those numbers are displayed are usually configured in the properties of the graph.  There should be a way of changing the display format of the values to know longer use exponential, but I'm not sure about LabVIEW 6.1, since I've barely even touched that version.

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,419 Views)

i have changed the autoscaling- did not fix

it is already set to decimal with 0 precision, but it is randomly changing to expoential

i think it is hardware based, i tried the same vi on another computer and it worked fine...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,411 Views)