LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview application.exe

Solved!
Go to solution

When testing my program on the LabVIEW Front Panel, it functions correctly. However, when i build it into an executable application (".exe" file), it defaults to a default message from a case structure i created and get stocked there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(365 Views)

Hi saidanikhayri,

saidanikhayri@gmail.com wrote:

When testing my program on the LabVIEW Front Panel, it functions correctly. However, when i build it into an executable application (".exe" file), it defaults to a default message from a case structure i created and get stocked there.

And what is your question?

I guess your program does exactly what you have programmed it to do, so you better check what you have programmed and compare that with your requirements!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(348 Views)

Do you have a colleague with any experience in LabVIEW?  Perhaps a classmate taking the same class with you?  Someone with any experience in programming?

Show them your LabVIEW code, explain to them (if they don't know LabVIEW) what all the wires and diagrams mean, and either they will point out your mistake or you will suddenly realize your own error.  Remember, all LabVIEW programs do what you tell them.  Good LabVIEW programmers tell LabVIEW to "do the right things" to accomplish their goals.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(324 Views)

There are 2 types of case structures that behave differently.

1. Case structures may have a default case that executes if no other case is an exact match.  Check your code to see what input could cause the default selection 

2. Conditional case structure is a great way to override sections of your code for testing or supporting multiple uses. Create cases using defined symbols and define the symbols to control which case is executed. When compiled into an EXE, the default case is selected because the symbols only exist in the project.

There is also a diagram disable structure, but it does not change when compiled.

Techniques to debug EXE:

1. Add message box to the case selection to show what the value is

2. Add an indicator to the panel to show the selection 
3. Write the selection to a text file

4. Create a Shared Variable for the selection and view it with the Distributed Systems Manager 

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 4 of 5
(312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author saidanikhayri@gmail.com

thank you so much like you said yes, I already solved the problem. Actually, the issue was that I had prepared the program's connection with the PLC (I/O). However, the program was looking for the PLC (input/output) in a specific IP configuration that I hadn't created yet, which is why it gave us an error message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(163 Views)