LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview help (clusters)

Hello,

I am a new labview user and I have a basic question I hope you call can help me with. I have a cluster control whose elements I need to update by reading values from a config file. In addition, have to be able to override the values in the elements manually from the front panel. All the examples I have read suggest creating a second cluster indicator, but I want to have only one cluster whose elements I need to update.

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(887 Views)

You can use a Local Variable to update your cluster control.  I would just have a button for "Load" and another for "Save".  I think it is obvious what should be done when those buttons are pressed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(879 Views)

A property node would also make this possible.

Of course there are libraries that read\write ini files and reading\writing control values in standard functionality (except for NI's lib 😑).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(823 Views)

If you are new to LabVIEW you should probably learn the basics about local variables, and File IO.  But there is a pretty neat set of functions in OpenG that can save a panel to an INI file, and load a panel from an INI file.  OpenG needs to be installed separately through VI Package manager, and on the Variant Configuration File palette there is the Read Panel From INI, and Write Panel to INI.  You need to open a reference to a file first, and close at the end.

But again I'd suggest you try to understand the basics first.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(799 Views)

Open G is great.

Also Hooovahh 😉has some great tools as well https://www.vipm.io/publisher/hooovahh/

Here is where the Open G cluster to .ini stuff is located on the palette.

ASTDan_0-1643390313596.png

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

Message 5 of 6
(789 Views)

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. I will try to strengthen basic labview skills and try the things you all are talking about. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(775 Views)